Gymnastics Skills #2
Gymnastics Complex #2
10 Alt limb Plank Holds – https://www.powermonkeyfitness.com/videos/core-posterior-chain/alt-limb-extended-hold-plank
20 Leg Lift Circles – https://www.powermonkeyfitness.com/videos/core-abs/leg-lift-circles
20 Hip Bridge Single Leg Circles – https://www.powermonkeyfitness.com/videos/core-posterior-chain/hip-bridge-single-leg-circle
Handstand kick up drills (perform 5 of each movement)
- Jump to drag drill (Zombie Inchworm)
- Kick up drill 1 (half handstands – leave trail leg behind)
- Kick up drill 2 (half handstands – bring trail leg up to handstand)
* Choose two out of the 6 movements to work on. (It can be different each session) and perform 3 x 5-10 reps of each alternating.
- Box Pike Shoulder Shifts – Shift weight from one arm to the other.
- Box Rocks – With straight knees, rock forward on hands until almost starting the dive of a Pike Press, then rock back.
- Press Compression – Reverse Pike Press against a wall with a rower.
- Jump Press (low) – Pike Position to start, then kick both legs off the floor to balance on hands.
- Jump press (straddle) – Same as above, but bring feet together in a straddle arc at top of Handstand.
- Handstand to Forward Roll
* Choose two out of these movements to work on. Perform 3 x 5-10 reps of each alternating.
- Beginner drill: 10sec active hang +10sec relaxed hang + 5 knee tucks
Active: Pull Shoulderblades down to create space between ears and shoulders.
Relaxed: let the gap between ears and shoulders disappear.
- Pullover Drill – Lean back, tuck knees to chest and pull as high as possible. Aiming to get hips to bar.
- Pullover- (around the world)
2017 08 10